Our Commitment to Privacy
We place paramount importance on customer service and aim to meet your expectations on every occasion.
To achieve this aim, we need accurate personal information about you. Please help us take prompt and efficient action by informing us of any changes to your personal circumstances by writing to us.
We have a legal obligation under the Data Protection Act to ensure that all information held and processed by you complies with the principles of the Act. The Act requires all personal information to be treated in the strictest confidence and to be used only for purposes of which you are aware
- the types of personal information which we hold;
- the purposes for which we hold personal information;
- with whom we may share personal information;
- for how long we hold personal information; and
- what procedures we have in place to protect your privacy.
What personal information do we hold?
We hold the following personal information:
- Information which you voluntarily provide to us when using this website including, without limitation: -
- your name, postal address(es), telephone number(s) and e-mail address(es);
- information about the vehicle(s) in which you have expressed an interest in leasing;
- information which will enable us to ascertain your credit status;
- Information obtained by us from third parties, such as credit reference agencies; and
- Information about your use of this website.
For what purposes do we hold personal information?
We hold information which you provide to us: -
- for our own administrative, sales, marketing and product/service development purposes;
- if you wish to proceed with the leasing of a vehicle, we may use your information to obtain a credit check from credit reference agencies;
- to source and obtain vehicle leasing contracts for you; and
- for direct marketing purposes.
Depending on the information which you have provided to us, we may contact you by letter, e-mail, fax, telephone or SMS. If you would rather not be contacted by us, please let us know at the address noted below.
A note about credit reference procedures
In considering your application we or our financiers will search your record at credit reference agencies. They will add to your record details of our searches and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches. Searches will also be made in respect of directors and partners of firms applying for credit. Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to other people with whom you have a financial association. In connection with your application, you may be treated as financially linked with them and assessed with reference to any such associated records.
If you are a joint applicant or if you have told us of some financial association with another person, you are declaring that you are entitled to:
- Disclose information about you, the joint applicant and anyone referred to by you;
- Authorise us to search, link or record information at credit reference agencies about you and anyone else referred to by you.
It is important that you give us accurate information. We or our financiers will check your details with fraud prevention agencies and if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
These records will be shared with other organisations and used by us and them to:
- Help make decisions about credit and credit related services; and
- Trace debtors, recover debt and prevent money laundering and fraud.
Fraud prevention agency records will also be shared with other organisations to help make decisions on motor and credit proposals, for you and members of your household.
With whom we may share personal information
Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not sell, rent, trade or share any personal information which we hold except that:
- We may disclose information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings;
- We may disclose aggregate statistics to third parties which are made up of statistics in respect of individual persons, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information;
- We may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting, marketing or other professional advisers, our website hosts and our courier, postal or transport providers, tradespeople and insurers (names and addresses only in the latter case);
- We may disclose your personal information to credit reference agencies and other persons from whom we require to take references about you prior to letting;
- We transmit credit/debit card information to third parties to the appropriate credit card company when we process payment for sales;
- We may disclose personal information to the providers of direct marketing services; and
- We may disclose personal information to other companies within our group.
For how long do we hold personal information?
We will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above.
What procedures do we use to protect your privacy?
We undertake to process the personal information which we collect in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act and other applicable laws relating to data protection.
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information (although we do not warrant that this is the case) in order to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
We hold computerised and electronic personal information on computers and/or Hard drives and/or a server held at the address noted below. We also hold tangible (or ‘hard copy’) personal information at the address noted below. From time to time, certain Hard drives or tangible (or ‘hard copy’) personal information may be transported by us to or from the address noted below.
This website contains links to other websites. Equally, other websites may provide links to this website. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies, if any, of each and every website which you use.
Please note that the Internet is not a secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
You are entitled in law to receive a copy of personal information or data about you which is held by us on payment of £10 (or such other sum as may be prescribed by law from time to time).
We will also, on written request from you, amend any personal information which we hold about you. Where we amend the personal information which we hold about you, we will generally retain a copy of the previous version for our records. However, as noted above, we will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes noted above.
You can contact us at the following address:
Vehicle Lease Management Ltd
14 Hamble Avenue,
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that, if you are under 16 years old, you must provide us with the name and address of your parent or guardian. We will let him or her know that you are providing us with personal information and seek any necessary consent from him or her.
Where your business has been introduced to us by a third party, we will pass back information about you and your agreement that may be necessary for the purpose of administration, payment or settlement. The person who introduces you to us may use this information for marketing purposes, but only with your consent.
We operate a policy of 100% opt-in marketing. The contact details you provide (such as your telephone number, fax number, postal address and email address) may be used by us to send you information about products and services. [Your contact details will not be provided to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.] Your contact details will only be used in this way if you have previously indicated your consent to receiving such messages.
You may opt-out from receiving such messages at any time by sending an email to [email@example.com] with the word ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject or by writing to the address above.
All marketing messages sent to you by us will contain an UNSUBSCRIBE link to allow you to quickly opt-out.
Credit Reference Agencies’ Addresses
If you would like a copy of your credit file, please contact either of the websites below & follow their on-screen instructions. You will need to give them your full name and address(es) for the last six years.
Equifax Europe (UK) Ltd
For Our Business Customer
The Data Protection Act does not apply to companies in themselves, but it does extend to sole traders and partnerships. When an application is received from a business, in addition to the above information, information may be sought from credit reference agencies on the company directors and/or partners as individuals.
You can obtain a list of all of the companies in the Group by writing to us.
Further Important Points
Telephone calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under our quality control procedures.
I give my consent to Vehicle Lease Management, and its funders, to obtain whatever information they deem necessary, in relation to car acquisition on hire/lease finance.