Vehicle Lease Management Ltd understands that you will want all personal information that you submit to us to be kept as private and as secure as possible. For your peace of mind, here’s how we will and will not use the personal information you give us.
By entering your personal information via our web site, you accept that we may retain your information and it may be held by Vehicle Lease Management Ltd or by any third-party company which processes it on our behalf.
What we collect and why
The information we gather from customers helps us to continually improve the service we offer to our customers.
When you use our service, there are different ways we gather information about you:
- When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, contact numbers, etc and – if you place an order – your address, employment and bank details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us.
- We keep a record of the cars you lease through our service, which means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your contract(s) and/or vehicle(s).
- We may keep a record of e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of your likes and dislikes and any problems or concerns you’ve had with our products or services.
- Telephone calls made to our Customer Service Helpline may be recorded for monitoring and quality control purposes.
How We Use Your Personal Information
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our services and related products.
- Monitoring and improving the website and our services.
- Planning and managing business activities, including analysing customers’ shopping habits and preferences.
- Enabling third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- Conducting market research including statistical analysis of customer behaviour which we may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
- Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or as part of your vehicle delivery) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. Such communications from Vehicle Lease Management might include advertising for or offers from third parties. If you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving these communications, you can do so by informing us in writing.
- Enabling our debt collection agency to collect payment from you should that be necessary.
- Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website.
- Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on us (Vehicle Lease Management Ltd) by law or court order.
When we share your personal information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell or rent your information to anyone else to enable them to send you direct marketing unless you agree otherwise. However, there are circumstances where it is necessary for us to share personal information for us to provide our customers with the service. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
The circumstances where we may share some of your information with others are described below:
Third Party Service Providers
We use a select number of other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example, we engage companies to analyse customer information, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments. We also engage agents including credit reference agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies and debt collection agencies that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf Vehicle Lease Management. However, if you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving these communications you can do so by informing us in writing.